martes, 20 de julio de 2010

Strangest day yet

Today was strange and at many times annoying. I had a secret plan to let the boys sleep for fifteen extra minutes and that plan failed. Sonia was running late for work, so she was there. She actually woke them up early. Great. I ended up showering while they ate breakfast. I decided to get on the internet real quick before I went back downstairs. When I was done, I shut my computer and plop, vertical drop on the floor. My keypad is three fourths working now. Had it been worse, I could have very well needed to call in sick. After breakfast I tried to break it to the boys that I wouldn't be going with them to the movies that afternoon. I wanted to take a nap and recover from my near death experience with my computer. I am pretty much functioning on a time zone in between here and the U.S. I guess I am never in the right time zone for my sleeping patterns. Anyways, the boys flipped out. They got really sad and wouldn't talk to me for a while. So I said I would go! Grr. And to make matters worse, me making them upset put them in a bad mood all day. We are almost done with their actual schoolwork, so she instructed me to just work on English. Without them getting situated doing their homework and already having a fit that morning, they could not sit still. Today was the first day I got mad at them. I should just mumble curse words under my breath when they tick me off. They'd never know. Of course I wouldn't do this...those would be the words that they might actually pay attention to. We ended up labeling the entire playroom with words. Their parents were pleased with this. Teaching them English is really difficult because a. i'm not a teacher and b. they are on totally different levels in school. The only thing that I can really teach them both in English is vocabulary. I can't remember if I already wrote about this. Ttt. Ah, so the boys were obnoxious in the morning. The grandmother came over again to cook lunch. This really bothers me because they immediately stop listening to me. They are so rude to her too. She is their elder and they behave worse around her than me. They are not supposed to play video games during the day, which is a rule that I agree with and am ready to enforce. Well their grandma let them play video games all day. I also don't know if I am even need to watch them when she is there. She was here all day. And she is coming tomorrow for lunch. After lunch today and lots of time playing video games, we went to the movies. fun. not. The grandma is a horrible driver. We almost got in three wrecks. I just kept smiling. Once we got there I found out the movie was going to be in Catalan. Fucking fabulous. I was so mad that these kids dragged me to a movie that I wouldn't even be able to understand. We got in line for popcorn. I was trying to calm myself down with the thought of eating delicious popcorn and possibly taking a nap in the theatre. Popcorn is coming. They put it on the table. Ha you've got be kidding me. It was that nasty colored popcorn. What movie theatre has that kind of popcorn? Oh, the movie theatre in a country where fifty percent of their diet is sugar. She bought me a whole bag. I had to eat it or else I'd be rude. When we were exiting the popcorn line Berrnat said I looked so serious. Serious? More like furious. I forced a smile. Lets go over this part real quick. Ha, the movie was in Spanish. No problema. Oh, and it was Shrek, so I was well acquainted with story and its characters. I hung out with Elissa on skype in the afternoon, which was wonderful. Definitely the highlight of my day thus far. I went on a walk before dinner. I think I can make it all the way into the center of town in a decent amount of time. I want to try to go into the center of town one afternoon a week and hang out. I want to bring a book, buy a beer, and relax. This plan will happen. Here is what solidified how weird my day was for me. I was sitting outside at the dinner table and Sonia places my plate in front of me. It's a fish. Just a fish. Laying there. I've never eaten fish like this before. I've never wanted to. I had to though. I only chocked on three bones. I prefer not to be reminded that what I am eating was once alive. I had to peel the skin off! I almost vomited. Then pulling the spine out of it. Uh. No. No. No. On the bright side of things, I really like Sonia and Santi. They're good parents and a funny couple. We always have good dinner conversations as choppy as they might be.

I'm out. I need to drink some water after reliving my dinner.

1 comentario:

  1. Pobre sito. I'm glad you survived the day and that you enjoy Sonia and Santi's company. I'm going to try and make my plane reservations now. Love you, --Mom

    ResponderEliminar