lunes, 19 de julio de 2010

Segunda semana

Today was a simple day. The boys and I got up at nine and went through our routine with their schoolwork and practicing English. Their grandmother came over to cook us lunch, so good. She made these strange corn like looking things that had ham and cheese in the center. Probably extremely fattening, but may I have seconds please, Maribell. I don't understand how our day goes by so quickly. Most of the time I am sitting there thinking about how to keep them occupied and I rarely come up with good ideas...I try to drag out the schoolwork and practicing English as long as possible ha. Both of the boys really like me for some reason. I don't speak their language. I don't know any games except pass the ball in English and diving for rocks in the pool. And don't let them play their video games, which they each attempt everyday. The little one is extremely affectionate with me. I feel like I have a monkey attached to me for most of the day. After lunch we took a siesta, which I was super stocked about. Both of the boys wanted to sleep in my room with me. My bed is the size of my nephew's bed. Luke is three. They said they would sleep on the floor, so we layed out towels for them and gave them little pillows. They would not go to sleep. Finally, Ferran went into the living room with his grandmother. Bernat and I had a nice quiet siesta. After we got up I got to see Ferran ride his bike! He isn't very good at stopping, so he ran into a tree once and got stuck in the grass another time. Sonia was home by this time. We let him tuff it out. I spent the afternoon on skpe. It was nice talking to everyone. The boys LOVE skype. They loved meeting everyone too. They learned the names of everyone that they talked to and told their parents about it at dinner. It was cute. Bernat is a little stressed out because we have to make so many bracelets for all of the friends that they met. He kept counting them for me and then sighing. That we'll give us something to do for a week, so I am pumped. Ah, I discovered my terrace today. I mean, I knew it was there, but today I finally went out there. I skyped with Shannon in the afternoon on the terrace. Today was a beautiful day. I could hear Ferran and Bernat playing in the pool below. It was delightful combination. Somehow it is still steaming in my room right now, even though today was abnormally cool. I read Emergency Prom outside on my terrace to end my day. Happiness.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hey, Kay Babe. It's great to keep up with your adventures. Love you bunches, --Tu Madre

    ResponderEliminar
  2. 1. I agree with your mother.
    2. I laughed out loud when I read the little comment about how Ferran can't stop on his bike.
    3. I'm glad you're making the children your Spanish slaves. I can't wait for my bracelet.
    4. MISS YOU.

    ResponderEliminar